Career Opportunities with VIP
VIP Quality Services is dedicated to nothing less than realizing the full potential of people with intellectual disabilities. We focus on valuing every individual through creativity, self-expression, and social interaction by providing an environment that is respectful, safe, and fun. Employees should be able to: Protect the health and safety of each client. Ensure that client’s special needs are treated with respect and in accordance with licensing standards and VIP’s policies and procedures. Actively learn about the interests, preferences, support needs, and skills of each client and empowering them to accomplish hopes and dreams through direct interaction.
Fulltime and Part-Time positions are available evenings, weekends, and overnight.
Duties include: preparing nutritious meals; assisting with daily hygiene care and household chores; taking shopping and on other community outings; and providing behavioral guidance to clients to ensure a safe environment. This position is also responsible for administering medications to clients, as well as first aid and CPR, if necessary.
Skills: Have the ability to work with intellectual/developmental disabled who have emotional and behavioral challenges. Excellent interpersonal, oral, record keeping, and written communication skills. Have the ability to respond to crisis and conflict with confidence and professionalism.
- High school diploma or GED
- 2 – 3 years of experience in providing services to individuals with developmental disabilities or related disorders.
- Valid driver’s licenses.
- Maintain First Aid, CPR, Blood Bourne Pathogen, and MANDT certificate. VIP will provide training, if needed.
- Ability to communicate, both verbally and written with all levels of personnel.
- Capable to work responsibly with highly confidential information.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, push, pull, reach, sit and walk for periods if time.
- Must be able to utilize proper body mechanics while lifting clients.
Benefits: Health, Dental, and Eye insurance plus Aflac and Flexible Spending Account are available for staff working 30+ hours per week. Personal Time Off is available for employee’s working 38+ hours per week.CLICK HERE TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
For more information or to schedule a tour
Contact Lisa at firstname.lastname@example.org or 913-712-8588.